My History

I've been wanting to write a blog about my experiences for a while, but never did get around to it.
I've finally decided to sit down and sort it all out, so i'll start at the beginning, and add some blog entries from my diary.
Apologies if some entries are long, and also written in different tenses - it depends when I actually wrote them!

Thursday 14 January 2010

Progress....?

Well, I woke up on Sat 9th with no pain! What was going on?!
By the evening I was just stating to ache, but didn't need any pain killers during the day.
This has carried on every day since then!
Bliss!

Bliss was short lived, because of course, I still have to suffer in another way...I've developed a small red rash on my chest, and also a chesty cough, cold and sore throat!

Today (14th Jan) was Hospice Day. I saw the Doctor, and mentioned that I still haven't heard from the Royal Free hospital about my impending treatment there.
The Doctor said I should try and chase it up (again), and if I had no luck, phone the hospice and they would try. I also had an appointment with the Psychologist, who told me to phone my Lymphoma Clinical Nurse as I might have more luck that way!

So, I got home from the Hospice, and left a message for Jane (LCN). I wasn't actually expecting a phonecall back until tomorrow, but she was very good, and got back to me shortly after I left the message.
After explaining why I was calling, she promised to go and find Adam (One of the Doctors who deals with clinical trials), and get back to me.

Once again, she got back to me quickly, and explained that no one had heard from the Royal Free, so they had sent them and e-mail, and she would phone me back before 6pm, regardless of if the RF had been in touch.

True to her word, she phoned me back again, and informed me an appointment has been made at Christies for me on Monday morning. They will check me over, and hopefully have an update on the Royal Free situation! Fingers crossed....

1 comment:

  1. Glad the LCN was so helpful. Keeping my fingers tightly crossed for you xx

    ReplyDelete