My History

I've been wanting to write a blog about my experiences for a while, but never did get around to it.
I've finally decided to sit down and sort it all out, so i'll start at the beginning, and add some blog entries from my diary.
Apologies if some entries are long, and also written in different tenses - it depends when I actually wrote them!

Wednesday 6 January 2010

December - Dr's who think they are Gods.

14th December
I've been treated like crap today, and still got the news I didn't want to hear:(

I had my appointment at St Marys in Manchester at 9:30.
Me and my Mum set off at 8am, leaving 1 1/2 hours to get there.
We got stuck in bad traffic, so made a call to the department in the hospital to tell them we were nearly there, but would be 20 mins late. The receptionist said that was ok, she would let the Dr know.

About 2 mins later my phone rang, so Mum answered it, and it was the receptionist again, saying the Dr would not see me because I was late, and she had to leave. And that she'd had to fit someone else into my appointment slot?!?!
Mum asked what time she had to leave, and she was told 12pm!!!! That was over 2 hours away.
The receptionist said no, sorry, the Dr has said she wont see you.
So of course Mum gave her a mouthful, and I burt out into tears.

We came home, me crying all the way, and I rang them when we got home.
I asked what was going to happen now, and I also I told the receptionist that the Dr was unprofessional, and had no feelings.
The Dr was 20 mins late to turn up to my first appointment, and didn't call to let me know, so at least I was being polite and letting them know.
She said she couldn't speak to the Dr now, and would have to wait till she finished clinic.

About 10 mins later my phone rang....it was the Sister from that department.
She said "Ohh, I believe you couldn't make your appointment."
WHAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!
I said "Yes, I could make my appointment, but because I was polite and called to say I would be late, I was told not to come, as the Dr wouldn't see me"
The nurse then told me a different reason to the receptionist - that the Dr had an appointment in the afternoon, so couldn't fit me in!
Anyway, she said the Dr has my results, and has dictated a letter, but it's not been sent out yet.
Unfortunately i'm not suitable for IVF. I was told one of my hormones is very low, and the other is very high, which makes me unsuitable
I am suitable for egg donation, but obviously thats not going to be soon.

The nurse was quite cold on the phone, and didn't even give me chance to ask any questions.
I don't even know if that actually means I am infertile.

But needless to say i'm feeling pretty damn devastated.

No comments:

Post a Comment