My History

I've been wanting to write a blog about my experiences for a while, but never did get around to it.
I've finally decided to sit down and sort it all out, so i'll start at the beginning, and add some blog entries from my diary.
Apologies if some entries are long, and also written in different tenses - it depends when I actually wrote them!

Wednesday 6 January 2010

November - Pain starts

30th October
Started to get a pain in the centre of my chest (No good with technical names, but around, and above the cleavage!).
The entrance site to my line was fine, no redness, no soreness, no swelling.
The pain was intermittant, sometimes a cramping feeling. It hurt more when I extended my right arm, and absolutely killed when I laughed
It came on at random times and takes my breath away a little bit. To the touch it feels sore like bruising.
I took some paracetamol, and it reduced the pain only a *tiny* bit.

2nd November

I've been getting pain in my chest for a couple of days, so rang Christies who told me to go to my local A&E.
Off I trundle to Preston Hospital.

I had an x-ray, ECG, blood test, but it showed nothing.
Doctors think it's either the tumour pressing on something, or musculoskeletal pain, but can't explain how or why I would be experiencing this!
Been told to rest, and been given Co-Codamol for the pain.

12th November
Still having the pain, but it's there all the time.
Co-codamol only taking the edge off. In absolte agony when I move - changing the gears in the car kills, I can't lay down/get up without help.
I go to the hospice once a week, and asked to see the Dr.
He examined me and checked the report from the hospital from the previous week. Stupid incompetant hospital didn't even put the x-ray on the system, but put notes on, saying they 'found' enlarged lymph nodes in my chest. Baring in mind I told the A&E Dr multiple times I had lymphoma in my chest, and he also read my notes.
My bloods were fine, and my white blood count nearly back to normal.
My line is still in the right place, and no infection etc.

Dr at hospice still not 100% sure what it is. He thinks it could be inflamation of the cartilidge inbetween ribs, but can't understand what could have caused this.
The other thing it could be is the tumours pressing or something, but can't determine this with just an x-ray.
He also prescribed Diclofenac aswell as the co-codamol.

I've got a CT scan booked for 30th November and seeing consultant on 7th Dec. Dr at hospice asked me to phone and try and bring these forward.
So on Friday I phoned, but was told "We can't just bring a scan forward for no reason".
So I phoned the hospice back, and the Dr was hopefully going to fax my consultants secretary to ask to bring them forwards.


13th November
Had a phonecall today that i've been waiting for this morning.......
St Marys hospital (Reproduction/fertility) phoned me, and I have an appointment on Monday!
Not even sure if I am fertile, but hopefully they will say they can test me, and if I am, harvest some eggs and freeze them!
Theres only about a 10% chance I am actually fertile because of all the chemo.
And theres only a very small chance that eggs can be unfrozen and I will fall pregnant in the future, but it's worth a try!

On the pain front, been in pain for 2 weeks now.
Saw the doctor at the hospice yesterday, who has added another pain killer/anti inflamitry, so hopefully this will help.
The doctor also wants me to phone Christies to try and bring my scan an appointment forwards, as he's not 100% sure if it's inflammation, or maybe the tumours growing, or putting pressure on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment