As you know i've been waiting 13 weeks for the PCT to make a decision weather or not to fund some treatment i'm waiting for.
The treatment is a trial (CD25), and it would cost the PCT £3000.
They have taken 13 weeks to turn round and say NO, they will not fund it. Their reason..........it's not a licensed drug! Well of course it's bloody not - it's a trial!
The doctor down at the Royal Free has said he will look into the appeals process, but if it took them 13 weeks to decide 'NO', i'm not very hopeful about an appeal.
I have chemotherapy (that I shouldn't have had to start - only on it because it was taking the PCT so long to decide) on Monday, so I think a long chat with the doctors is in order about where we go next.
Im not so sure I can do this waiting thing again - seeing as I have developed multiple new tumours in the 13 weeks ive been waiting!