My History

I've been wanting to write a blog about my experiences for a while, but never did get around to it.
I've finally decided to sit down and sort it all out, so i'll start at the beginning, and add some blog entries from my diary.
Apologies if some entries are long, and also written in different tenses - it depends when I actually wrote them!

Wednesday 6 January 2010

Forward to February/March 2009

Life went on, I started on chek-ups every month. The time between checkups grew, and I was up to once a year.

February 2009, I was enjoying a holiday in Egypt. One morning I was putting on my suncream, and noticed a lump in the right side of my neck.
I just knew what it was straight away. I didn't want to worry my Mum who was back at home, so I waited until I got home to tell her.

I also made an appointment at my doctors (which is what I had always been told to do if I was worried).
At the appointment, the doctor had a look at my neck, and felt the lump, and told me not to worry, it was probably the remains of an infection. She told me to give it 2 weeks, and come back if it was still there. I knew she was wrong though.

A few weeks later, I had my 'annual MOT' at the Christie Hospital anyway, so decided to wait until I saw the doctor there.
In the mean time, I started to develop a swelling over my collar bone on my right hand side.

At my appointment in March, I had an x-ray, which came back as abnormal.
The Doctor wasn't too hopeful either, and bluntly told me the cancer has returned, and I needed a CT scan to find out the extent of the disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment