My History

I've been wanting to write a blog about my experiences for a while, but never did get around to it.
I've finally decided to sit down and sort it all out, so i'll start at the beginning, and add some blog entries from my diary.
Apologies if some entries are long, and also written in different tenses - it depends when I actually wrote them!

Thursday 1 July 2010

Prison - Day 4

Woke up by a nurse this morning asking if I knew where Nuclear Medicine department was. Nope, was my reply. And if it’s far, I need a wheelchair.
Didn’t really sleep well last night, and my chest is tight and breathing laboured. Damn aircon.

I managed to have my breakfast (Rice Krispies) before the porter came. He was actually nice and chatty!

I was wheeled down to Nuclear Medicine (yes, actually allowed out of my room for this!), told to empty my bladder and remove my jewellery.
Not sure what the scan was – to measure radiation I think, but I’ve never had one of them before. After the scan, I was wheeled back up to my room, had a cup of tea, and settled down for a nap seeing as I was feeling tired.

The ‘air’ outside the room actually helped ease my chest for a short while.
I got woke up by a nurse, and a delivery man – bringing me a very special package for Bernie, a lovely friend. The package included drinks, crisps, chocolates, smellies, a lovely card, a word search book, and a pen. I was feeling quite down before I received it, but it definitely cheered me up!
After that was lunch – a blob of food on the plate, not resembling what it was supposed to be!

The doctor and nurse popped in to see if I was ok, and the Lymphoma Nurse gave me a carrier bag full of magazines.
So far the rest of the afternoon has been a blur. I remember watching things on my laptop, and probably having a doze, but I’m definitely having one of those ‘off’ days.

I got a message on Facebook from my Mum this morning, which strangely brought a [homesick] tear to my eye!
Rads are at 60

No comments:

Post a Comment