My History

I've been wanting to write a blog about my experiences for a while, but never did get around to it.
I've finally decided to sit down and sort it all out, so i'll start at the beginning, and add some blog entries from my diary.
Apologies if some entries are long, and also written in different tenses - it depends when I actually wrote them!

Friday 5 November 2010

Update....

So, just an update, although I probably can't remember much of the past few weeks....I never did have a good memory!

I was discharged on 16th October - sent home with steroid eyedrops, anti sickness tablets and some tablets for uric acid [I think].
Sunday we went to a local pub for a proper Sunday dinner, with a massive Yorkshire pudding and all the trimmings - Yum!

Fallout - New Vegas [ps3 game] came out, we had a fun day in Blackpool on the slot machines, played a few more PS3 games, slept in [well, chemo makes you tired!] and eaten out a lot!

My hair started to fall out about a week ago - slowly at first, but with a vengance now. I've still got some...although it's very thin, and I'm not sure how long it will last!

I went back to Christies on 22nd October for a check-up. My platelets were very low - down to 45. They had dropped from over 300. I also had a slight urinary infection [ouch].

Chemo was planned for 1st November, so I packed my bags and off I went. Had the standard blood test, saw the doctor, and waiting for the blood results. Only to be told my white count was too low for chemo.
My platelets had risen back up to over 300, but my neutrophils were down to 0.7, and they need to be 1 or above to have chemo.
So, back home it was and I have to return on Monday 8th to see if my bloods have risen - so fingers crossed they have.

Also, Friday 5th November will be a day I will not forget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment