My History

I've been wanting to write a blog about my experiences for a while, but never did get around to it.
I've finally decided to sit down and sort it all out, so i'll start at the beginning, and add some blog entries from my diary.
Apologies if some entries are long, and also written in different tenses - it depends when I actually wrote them!

Wednesday, 10 March 2010

Update, but not much to update...

So, where do I start with this one?
On Monday had a good day! I went out with a friend to a dog rescue to take some food, then we nipped to Ikea for some lunch and a mooch around.

I then got home, and was sat chatting with Chris on the internet when the phone rang.
It was Fran (Lymphoma Nurse from the Royal Free) with news from my local PCT.
Well, I say news, although i'm not actually sure it is....
The PCT met last Thursday (4th March). Fran called to say that the PCT haven't made a decision, because they need more information. Once they have said information, they will meet again to [try] and make a decision.
What information do they need I hear you ask......I wish I could tell you. I wish the Royal Free could tell me, but in this day and age, the NHS uses snail mail, even when it involves peoples lives.

Chris spoke to Fran yesterday (9th March) with some questions, but unfortunately, she couldn't really answer any. She passed a message onto the consultant down there who phoned Chris today. But he couldn't really answer any questions either. It seems the PCT are like a private little group, who won't disclose anything to anyone - even people who need to know.

So we are no closer about knowing how much longer I will actually have to wait. It could be a few weeks, it could be another 6 till they meet.

I phoned my Lymphoma Nurse at the Christie Hospital yesterday, and today she got one of the consultants to phone me. She said she has read the e-mails from the Royal Free (ohhh, e-mail!), and will write a letter to my local PCT if it will help speed things up (although I am doubtful).
I also asked if I could go down and see someone, as I feel my symptoms have got worse. She also suggested that they may need to 'intervene', and perhaps give me some treatment whilst waiting for a decision to be made by the PCT.

Well, I shall see what Friday brings - if anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment