My History

I've been wanting to write a blog about my experiences for a while, but never did get around to it.
I've finally decided to sit down and sort it all out, so i'll start at the beginning, and add some blog entries from my diary.
Apologies if some entries are long, and also written in different tenses - it depends when I actually wrote them!

Monday 29 March 2010

26th - 29th March

I spoke to the consultant at the Royal Free on Friday (26th March) - no update - we are STILL waiting for funding from my local PCT.

I also had a meeting with the local Central Advocacy Services on Friday - and i'm hoping they can get in contact with my local PCT and find out whats happening. They agree that the time i've been waiting is too long, and not acceptable. So lets see if we get anywhere!


I had my second dose of Vinblastine today. Once again 4 attempts to get the cannula in - all very painful, and Dr's and Nurses said it would be better if i had a central line, so they have arranged for that to be done on 9th April - a few days before chemotherapy.

It will be my second central line, and i'm quite looking forwards to not being stuck by so many needles every time I have to go to hospital!

I'm in some discomfort with my neck, and I spoke to the Dr today at Christies who said it *could* be where the tumours are shrinking, and coming 'unstuck' from tissues that surround them, but other than that, he didn't offer any other explanation!

Thats about all there is to update for now....!

No comments:

Post a Comment